study in usa

study in usa , how to apply mbbs in usa and other courses

United States of America has been the top most destination for international students, study in usa is very famous and popular among the student because it provide every one a way Earning while learning approach for International students and why not, the best colleges in almost any field are in this great country. Every year thousands of international students come to USA for graduation/other higher degrees in Engineering, phd in usa , ms in usa for indian students , Medicine, Management, masters in usa for indian students , Law etc. The information below is focused on getting a Student visa (commonly known as F1 Visa or F-1 visa), some useful information around the college application procedure and prospects after you complete your study are also covered.

Visa or immigration document allows a foreign citizen to travel to a U.S. port-of entry (ex Airport) and request permission from the U.S. immigration officer to enter the United States.


a) Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): English is the national language of USA. Earlier it use to be paper based exam but these days it’s mostly given on the internet from designated centers all over the world. These scores are used by many other countries. Although rare but some English speaking nations may be exempted from TOEFL.

b) Specialization specific exam ( Ex: GRE / GMAT / SAT) : Depending on which specific branch or level (Graduation/Under-Grad etc) of education, there is a test for that very specific field. Tests centers are all over the world and mostly computer based. A management level applicant will give GMAT, Engineering student will give GRE etc. Depending on these scores there will be a cut-off for each institution to which you can apply. Not all institutions can allow foreign students; they should have permission from USCIS (United States Citizenship and immigration Services) to do so.


More and more international student who want study in usa for them USA study system has amazing approach He or She can earn too much as per the skills by joining any contract C2C jobs for their daily expenses The student should have a non-immigrant intent i.e. he/she is coming to USA genuinely for educational purposes only and not just to enter in the country for immigration purpose. Students must also demonstrate that they have the financial resources to study without the need to engage in unauthorized or illegal employment.

Institutions need these following documents

  • Written application to the school
  • Institution’s qualification criteria for admission (i.e. TOEFL / SAT/ GRE etc.)
  • Student’s prior academic record and financial support evidence.
  • An acceptance letter allowing the student to study.
  • Passport

After this institutions can issue Form I-20 needed for F-1 Student visa. Students must take that form to their nearest US consulate along with Passport, Visa fee, Form OF-156 (Application for a Nonimmigrant Visa), documents indicating evidence of financial support and documents proving sufficient ties to home country.

One should explore the opportunity of scholarships given by Institutions to some students with high scores or exceptional ability in sports. Also students may qualify to work part time. Check your institution for those details.

For study in usa for international students At the port of Entry ( ex Airport), the students must present all the required documents including passport, I-20, Documents from Institution. The immigration officer after verification will issue an I-94 Arrival/Departure Record that contains a unique number. Keep this document safe, probably attached to your passport. Once you arrive on campus, and all the information of your travel history and i94 status anyone can check online anywhere anytime So you should report immediately to the office that is responsible for assisting international students and scholars.


Often US companies/ Corp to corp jobs employers may come on campus to recruit appropriate students for their organization. Many times study in usa for indian students and also for international student is just like a boon as after one semester He or she is eligible to work 5 hours in a day on the contract or W2 basis for their own expenses , If you are the one selected then the employer must file for your working visa ( usually referred as the H-1 visa). Good news !! US Govt. has a special H-1 quota presently at 20,000 visa’s (number can change with time) for students who do their graduation in USA.

Many times if any student enrolled MBBS in USA or PhD in USA or any of the study program in USA like MS in Computer Science or MS in data science so once they have applied for any particular course and enrolled after visiting in USA and start the study on F1 visa student can apply for CPT EAD Which can allow the international student to work 5 hours in a day.

This is all strategy in USA education systems for their expenses and once the international student completed 6 months or one semester after that he or she can apply for OPD EAD which is also known as optional practical training this is is a type of of EAD  which is known as employment authorized document in USA  and on the behalf of this document any one Who is study in America can eligible to work 8 hours in a day that means 40 are in a week and he or she can easily earn to pay their expenses and cost of studying in USA for Indian students and the international student .

The time period for the initial OPT and STEM OPT is approx 24 months and before the expiration of these OPT Student should have to apply for the H1B visa through any C2C employer because only employer can file H1B visa of the student in many circumstances and once H1B visa is approved Consultant can work in USA initially for 3 Years and also have the option to the extension of 2 years more in some circumstances.

If the student is not offered H-1 visa, and not pursuing studies in USA anymore, the individual must return back to their home country. the only option for the student if want to continue job in USA , He or She should be enroll for a new course and again He will be on CPT or F1 Visa and has a chance to work 24 month more and after that can apply for H1B visa again.


  • J-1, or Exchange Visitor. Students participating in an exchange visitor program in the U.S
  • M-1, or Student Visa Those who will be engaged in non-academic or vocational study or training.
  • B-2 prospective student visa A prospective student, who has not yet decided on a school, can later apply for F-1 Visa.

Immigration Law’s change very often and sometimes have specific details. It is highly recommended to consult an Immigration Attorney or expert personally to get an update on latest form and procedures before applying for a Student visa. There is very useful information also located at [EducationUSA | (]

Leave a Reply