Hiring for IT Security and Operations Engineer in Boston MA || USC, GC AND GC-EAD ONLY
Please check and let me know
Role: IT Security Operations Engineer.
Location: 100 Franklin St Boston
Pay Rate: $35/hrs Max
Process: Resume, Phone Screen with CIO
Start date: 6/15 or 6/22
Bank is the largest black owned bank in the country and has implemented state of the art technology to deliver our products and services to a national customer base
Description: IT Security Operations Engineer.
I have attached the job description but the big thing here is going to be someone who is a GREAT COMMUNICATOR and can document their work and process.
98% of their work is through various vendors, and this person will be in charge of managing those vendors, and report directly to the CIO. They need to be able to understand all of the technology, communicate internally with staff, and then be able to work with all of the various vendors.
Understanding VM ware and cloud infrastructure will be key. Keeping track of tasks, organizing everything going on in the department, and making sure things are taken care of.
Looking for someone who is either a strong sys admin, or engineer, or someone looking to take a step in their career.
Soft skills will be a big portion of this, not just technical knowledge.
POSITION TITLE: IT Security and Operations Engineer
CENTER/DEPARTMENT: Information Technology
REPORTS TO: CIO, SVP Information Technology
• Proven leadership as a systems administrator managing production network infrastructure and security.
• Strong project and vendor management skills.
• Excellent communication skills and experience converting practice into technical documentation.
• Commitment to excellence and passion for implementing new technologies securely at scale.
OneUnited Bank is the largest black owned bank in the country and has implemented state of the art technology to deliver our products and services to a national customer base. The IT Security and Operations Engineer’s is a critical role in ensuring those systems are both available and operating in a secure manner.
The IT Security and Operations Engineer is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure through both direct execution of tasks and the management of strategic partners. This individual’s expertise in both on premise and cloud infrastructure is expected to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure.
Due to OneUnited Bank’s robust hybrid cloud network environment, critical segments of the infrastructure have been entrusted to strategic partners and the bank leverages solutions that include SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, and SDWAN. This individual is accountable managing the vendor relationships that comprise that hybrid cloud environment as well as being responsible for the internal devices that support OneUnited Bank’s infrastructure and retail branches.
Some of the daily responsibilities include monitoring the availability and system integrity of production infrastructure, project management lead for infrastructure projects, reviewing security reports, remediation of vulnerabilities and missing patches, overseeing daily backup operations, manage user security profiles including new hires and terminations, technical documentation and act as escalation point for internal user support.
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, Information Systems, Business Administration or other related field, or equivalent work experience.
• Previous experience with vendor management and coordinating vendor activities
• Experience working in a highly regulated industry a plus.
• At least three years of experience an IT related role within security operations and network management.
• Understanding and experience with the following:
o Content filtering
o Communications between Security Zone
o Building URL filtering policies
o SSL inspection
o Rule Placement
o Data Loss Prevention
• Deep knowledge of Operating Systems, Network infrastructure and IT Security solutions
• Working knowledge of Cisco and HP switches and routers
• Working knowledge of incident management, case management and investigation practices
• Strong knowledge and hands-on experience with the following skillsets:
o Group Policy
o SAN – EqualLogic experience preferred
o VoIP – Mitel/Shoretel Connect experience preferred o Wireless services and authentication – Cisco Meraki experience preferred
o Cloud infrastructure – Velocloud, Salesforce, Rackspace Cloud, etc.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, and Visio) and Office 365 configuration
• Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL EFFORT:
• Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice.
• No regular travel required, but periodic travel is necessary.
The Bank is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary. The following are essential abilities and physical requirements for all positions at the Bank:
• Ability to orally communicate effectively with others,
• Ability to communicate effectively in writing, using the English language.
• Ability to accurately count and perform arithmetic calculations.
• Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and supervisory staffs at all levels,
• Exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties,
• Ability to use various types of equipment/supplies to include, but not limited to, computers, pens, pencils, calculators, telephone, etc. to accomplish job duties.
• Travel by car, airplane, bus or train to other Bank offices and on occasion, to other sites to attend meetings, conferences, workshops, seminars, etc.
Trail Blazer Consulting LLC
In my absence, please contact Soumya Kumari | Phone: (315) 210-4359
<img border=0 width=103 height=89 id=”Picture_x0020_1″ src=”http://corptocorp.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/image001-36.jpg” alt=”Description: Description: cid:image001.jpg@01D46084.531965F0“>