Phoenix, AZ or Denver, CO
We are now looking for a Video Engineer that will provide technical service and support to our customers. In this role, you will troubleshoot and resolve problems to stabilize and optimize customer systems including onsite support management of cloud based IPTV, mobile and cable television technologies with expert knowledge of related products and standards.
Technologies used for the job that you will need a general knowledge of:
• Dolby AC3
• Dolby Digital Plus
o DASH/HLS/HSS formats
• Diagnostic tools:
• Content Delivery (from acquisition to end user)
o Customer Premise Gear
o DOCSIS/CMTS architecture
o Client appliances and software
• Working onsite in a Customer’s NOC environment to assist in the triage and troubleshooting of platform related issues as well as working with the customer’s incident tracking system.
• Leading escalations and working with equipment/software vendors for resolution of customer issues.
• Working with customer to troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely manner in accordance with the customer’s KPIs.
• Ability to understand, troubleshoot and if necessary provide RCA of issues experienced in a typical IPTV cable system including all sub-systems from content acquisition and processing, to delivery of content to the end user.
• Investigation of production systems with deep level transport stream analysis and root cause identification.
• Candidate may be required to be on-call and/or work on a rotating shift.
• Bachelor’s Degree in related areas or equivalent work experience.
• 3 years or more of hands on experience with Linux, Linux shell scripting required. Linux Admin required.
• 5 years or more experience working in Digital Video services preferably at a senior level.
• Knowledge of IGMP, IP multicast, API, (BASH), VOD, IPTV, cloud encoding, packaging for live and VOD streaming.
• Proven ability to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of issues.
• Experience in a 24/7 production environment.
• Self-motivating with excellent troubleshooting skills.
• Delivering results and meeting customer expectations.
• Assignment posting Phoenix, AZ