Woonsocket, RI/Cumberland, RI
- The Sr Analyst, System Admin will be responsible for the deployment and troubleshooting of AIX servers.
- Install AIX OS versions 5, 6, and 7; perform systems administration activities for P6, 7, 8 an P9 IBM hardware; and engage in a data center environment.
- responsible for Logical partition (LPAR) configuration; HACMP 7.1; system mirror clustering software; NIM server configuration; and image updating on AIX servers.
- monitor servers & processes through RMC (Resource Monitoring and control).
- work with NIS, NFS, and DNS under production environment.
- perform host based migrations; shell scripting for scheduling automation jobs; RAID 1, RAID 5, & RAID 10 configuration activities; and management of SAN environments.
- will configure and manage HMC consoles, engage in performance monitoring and tuning by using topas & vmtune, vmstat, iostat, SAR & nmon; and perform systems monitoring, tuning, analysis, and troubleshooting activities. System administration of Redhat Linux VM’s; duties include OS patching, performance trouble shooting.