: Senior Technical Writer (API’s & Web/Mobile)
Role : Senior Technical Writer (API’s & Web/Mobile)
Client : CBS Interactive
Location : San Francisco, CA (100% Remote)
Duration : 12 Month Contract (extension possible)
- Great Communication Skills
- API Experience
- Web/Mobile Experience
Notes from Manager:
The team is looking for someone that can build documentation at a more technical level. e.g. 1) Take a feature a break down pre/post conditions for an API and how it should be integrated into an application (ios/android/ott) 2) Create high level technical documentation e.g. UML, sequence and flow diagrams. 50 percent API & 50 percent Web Mobile-any experience in Mobile would be enlightening
Our cutting-edge Digital Streaming Media Client is looking for a Technical Writer to join their Global Platform Team to expand internationally. This is a REMOTE opportunity.
Your Day To Day:
- Develop and write technical documentation for our mobile, OTT and platforms
- Document technical requirements illustrating system functions and interoperability
- Document development and operating standards, best practices and processes for engineers
- Act as a documentation information architect to organize policies, processes, organizational contracts, feature requirements and training
- Establish, communicate, and maintain documentation standards, and provide training where required
- Maintain accuracy of all documentation
What you bring to the team:
- Be self-driven and able to work across various teams to accomplish goals
- Hands-on technical writing and editing experience with specific experience documenting complex systems and processes.
- Working on large scale projects under tight constraints
- Be able to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical resources. Proficient with standard engineering terminology and definitions.
- Demonstrated initiative in innovating and implementing workflow, process, training material, operation and troubleshooting guides, configuration documentation, procedural and technical solutions.
- Aptitude for strong visual display of information and producing images as part of effective content design.
- Experience working with complex internet services with both a Web and Mobile presence
- Proficiency in tools: Bitbucket, GitHub,Jenkins, Jira, Confluence, Google Suite, Slac
You might also have –
- Expert Admin JIRA and Confluence user
- Experience with Content Management Systems, Subscription or Membership based services, Publishing Systems, Digital Media service development, video
- Basic proficiency with standard development software