[requirements-groupz] Sr. Linux Engineer // highly important Role…::NoH1b or OPT
Position Title: Senior Linux Engineer
Client Name: Tractor Supply Company
Location: 5401 Virginia Way, Brentwood TN (will start remote but would prefer local to be able to meet with team and managers for coffee/1on1’s and go into office when they open back up)
Zip Code: 37027
From now till the end of the year with extensions.
Description of Role/Responsibilities:
Beacon Hill Technologies is looking for a Sr. Linux/Unix engineer here in Nashville. This position will primarily be responsible for project related work within an enterprise Linux/Unix environment. The ideal candidate will have strong hands on experience with multiple flavors of Linux and Unix including but not limited to RedHat versions 7 and 8, Suse, and AIX. Qualified candidates will also be comfortable working in a heavily virtualized environment and have experience with VMWare and Nutanix. This position will also be responsible for automation of the current environment and candidates should have strong experience with PowerShel scripting. This is a great opportunity to join a very technical team within a company that is actively investing heavily in its technology and IT teams during this pandemic. Apply now to learn more.
This position is responsible for designing, engineering, and supporting complex mixed technology environment to support enterprise UNIX/LINUX solutions.
1. Work with internal and external customers to understand business requirement and needs.
2. Design maintainable solutions to meet business and compliance requirements through creation and application of best practices to ensure consistency, maintainability, and compliance.
3. Deploy new solutions and configurations.
4. Discover current technical standards and best practices (R&D).
5. Deploy patches, updates, and configuration changes.
6. Create and document engineering standards.
(preferred) Professional Certifications: RedHat Certified Systems Administrator (RHCSA), or IBM Certified System Administrator – AIX is preferred.
Platform knowledge: Unix
Other knowledge, skills or abilities:
• Strong skills managing AIX systems in an enterprise environment. Should be familiar with VIO, NPIV, NIM, and LPM. May consult with senior peers on general projects.
• Strong skills with clustering technologies such as PowerHA or RedHat Clustering.
• Strong scripting ability in ksh, bsh, Perl, or Python.
• Strong skills with moderate level of proficiency in Virtualization skills (VMware, Citrix, Redhat, or VIO).
• Strong skills with moderate level of proficiency with IBM and Cisco USC blade centers in an enterprise environment.
• Strong skills supporting Enterprise Application support teams for environments such as Oracle, SAP, and Middleware (Websphere, JBOSS, and Tomcat).
• Strong ability to create and tune monitoring jobs using tools such as Nagios.
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
****notes from call
– Over a lot of technologies. UCS/Nutanix, Linux, Unix, VMware, AIX (A really nice to have as they use it for SAP, Windows
Powershell scripting is a must
VMware is a must
Ansible is a must to deploy linux images.
Azure and Teraform will be a plus
2/3 linux vs windows for virtual servers
95% virtualized VMware and Nutanix
Linux Redhat v7/8, some Suse and AIX for IBM side
o Many projects which span across many different areas including:
§ Getting rid of 2008 servers and updating/deploying 2019
§ Storage projects that win/linux eng will be involved in
§ Nutanix project getting off an old cluster. Did windows side now building new clusters for linux side
§ Automation project including powershell and scripting. Looking to auto deploy servers from a ticket or a website and if a dev environment they can deploy and eliminate quickly (redhat and ansible)
o Will need to meet with business users, project managers and be involved in planning
o Building servers and doing more implementations
Arun Raman| Sr Technical Recruiter | Apetan Consulting LLC |
Phone: 201-620-9700 * 137 |
Mailing Address: 72 Van Reipen Avenue pmb# 255, Jersey City, NJ 07306 |
Corp. Office: 15 Union Avenue, office # 6, Rutherford, New Jersey 07070 |
Web link: www.apetan.com |