Performance Tester Remote Opportunity Long Term Contract
Job Title: Performance Tester
Location: Remote Opportunity
Duration: Long Term Contract
Key Skill/Skill Specialization: Performance Testing
The Performance Test Engineer position requires hands on performance testing experience, accountable for establishing a performance engineering strategy for various programs, driving execution, and enabling a high impact QA engineering function. Collaborates internally with key Technology Services teams as well as business functions to ensure initiatives are aligned with business and technical needs, well managed and delivered on time, on budget and with the required functionality. Promotes industry best practices such as a “shift left” modularize/real time methods and a metrics driven, team approach. This position is expected to work in the agile and versatile environment – open to change and love fast pace.
• 8+ years IT experience with significant experience in software development, quality engineering delivering world-class solutions.
• 5+ years’ experience in performance testing, preparing data for performance tests and analysing bottlenecks.
• Provides advanced professional input on performance testing to complex Q&A assignments/projects.
• Assists in the preparation and conduct of Performance testing of new or modified applications/systems across multiple computing environments (e.g., host based, distributed systems, client server).
• Works across engineering teams to inject testing earlier into the software development process, championing DevOps principles.
• Participates in the analysis and development of new or revised QA procedures and processes.
• Recommend and drive adoption of best practices and improvements to test framework architecture and test coverage.
• Must possess a thorough understanding of verification and validation processes, including early software defect detection and removal, inspection, and testing methods; track test gaps, quality, and productivity metrics. Work with other engineering teams to improve gaps from this data.
• Defines, selects, and applies product and process metrics and analytical techniques, and have an understanding of measurement theory and how to communicate results.
• Possesses a high sense of urgency when managing critical issues.
• Drive continuous improvement in all aspects of the job, be able to deal with ambiguity, and influence at all levels of the company
• Must be able to develop test strategies, develop test plans, applying project management principles and techniques for implementation and tracking, evaluating, manage risk and provide effective communication of project status for stakeholders.
• Supports and provides direction to more junior professionals. Works autonomously, only requiring “expert” level technical support from others.
• 5+ years of experience with load and performance testing using NeoLoad & JMeter
• Proven expertise in Performance Automation, Test Scripting, Scripting Languages and Test Data management
• Good grasp of web development Microsoft technologies
• Experience in testing of Web services (XML/REST/SOAP) and Browser-specific testing
• Strong experience with UI & API testing
• Experience with Continuous Integration systems (e.g., Azure, Jenkins, Travis, GitLab)
• Experience defining high-level Performance test automation strategy based on DevOps industry's best practices.
• Ability to make logical cause-effect relationships across complex systems and infrastructure (on premise, Windows, etc.. as well as Azure environments