Linux System Engineer || Temple Terrace FL 33637
Job Title :
Linux System Engineer
6 Months Contract
Client Company :
Prime Vendor // Moffitt Cancer Center
Zip Code :
Basic Qualifications :
Needs to have experience supporting HPC(High Performance Computing) Redhat & HPC scheduling
Well-versed in cluster development methodologies in particular open source operating systems, tools, languages and frameworks for cluster environments
Day to Day Responsibilities/typical day look like:
* Configures, debugs and ensures stable operation of HPC cluster tools such as Rocks, Avalanche, Ganglia, TORQUE and MOAB utilities.
* Configures, optimizes and ensures stable operation of MATLAB and open source equivalents such as Octave and SciLab. In addition, ensures that any added module or toolbox needed for this software is working properly, including necessary licenses.
* Configures, optimizes and ensures stable operation and availability of Message Passing Interface (MPI) such as OpenMP libraries and utilities.
* Configures, optimizes and ensures stable operation and availability of the R statistical package and necessary extra modules needed by the HPC cluster users.
* Configures, optimizes and ensures stable operation of GPU related software and libraries such as CUDA and others.
* Configures, optimizes and ensures stable operation of specific software needed for mathematical oncology, bioinformatics, biostatistics and any other groups of research involved in the use of the HPC cluster.
* Creates deployment scripts that facilitate the deployment of commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) and custom applications.
* Estimates time and effort involved in realizing new cluster capabilities for enterprise-level resource allocation, project planning and forecasting purposes.
* Automates solutions for routine tasks such as system deployments, database backups and open source software provisioning.
* Collaborates with software developers to build, maintain, test and deploy user-friendly web-based interfaces that simplify scientists’ views of their data and workflows.
* Educates cluster user community on the optimal use of the cluster’s computational resources via one-on-one collaboration, workshops and preparation of relevant documentation and tutorials.
What are the top 3 MUST HAVE technologies or Required experience of the position?
- Needs to have experience supporting HPC Redhat & HPC scheduling
- -Well-versed in cluster development methodologies in particular open source operating systems, tools, languages and frameworks for cluster environments
- Experience w/ head nodes and compute nodes
NICE TO HAVES (OR WHAT GETS THE WIN)?
1. Data Scientists do all of the code deployment but a candidate should have knowledge in code deployment tools (Puppet or Fabric)