Lead Devops Engineer – Immediate hire – Remote for now
Lead Devops Engineer (AWS , Azure )
This role is DevOps model to increase developer productivity through well-orchestrated automated services in various stages of continuous integration and continuous delivery. Devops Lead Engineer must have a very deep understanding of various development tools and technologies. This is a hands-on technical role but with a high degree of collaboration to drive cultural change and raise the maturity levels of the Continuous Delivery practices. Own Continuous Delivery specifications, quality, release deployments and monitoring of production health. Enable developers to ship high quality products and features with an end-to-end mindset from conception to delivery and production support.
- Serve as key leader and expert on DevOps practices
- Implement and support Continuous Integration and Deployment Pipelines.
- Schedule, implement, and automate security compliance patching and updates on Development and QA servers.
- Production Release Implementation plan and Install Support
- Developer Efficiency Tools (Focusing on Freeing up Development staff to focus on deliverables)
- Integrating Code Quality tools and Code Analysis tools into IDE’s
- Implementing Automation to improve coding efficiency
- Integrations with each SCM Tools
- CI/CD Onboarding
- Mentor junior members in the team
- Work collaboratively across team boundaries to share common capabilities
- Ensure continuous availability of various tools supporting SCM & Release Management including Source Control, Continuous Integration, & Change Management.
- Engage with cross-functional co-located teams in design, development and implementation of enterprise scalable features related to enabling higher developer productivity, environment monitoring and self-healing, and facilitate autonomous delivery teams.
- Support, troubleshoot and analyze code on all 3 layers of the stack related to infrastructure, middleware, and continuous integration and delivery frameworks.
- Responsible for deploying code and other proactive maintenance activities to keep the services up and running
- 9-10+ years track record of relevant work experience
- Should have hands on and good understanding on DevOps tools and automation framework
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with DevOps techniques building continuous integration solutions using Jenkins, Docker, Git, Maven, kubernetes, AWS ECS, Azure
- Version control System experience Eg: GIT
- Must have experience in configuration management tool such as Ansible, Chef or Puppet
- Experience with n-tier web application development and experience in J2EE / .Net based frameworks
- Hands on experience in at least one of the programming languages such as Scala, Python, Golang and Java etc
- Familiarity and experience with Agile/SCRUM based development methodology
- Maintaining highly available and perfrmant environments.
- Experience with Kubernetes and other container management solutions
- Experience Implementing CI/CD(Travis CI, Jenkins) , Experience with Servicenow API integration with CICD tools. AWS codepipeline
- Managing and deploying Serverless applications: Lambda, API Gateway, DynamoDB
- Managing and deploying AWS Load Balancers, RDS, Route 53, CloudFront, S3.
- Must be proficient in one or more scripting languages: Unix Shell, Perl, Python
- Working experience in cloud computing, PaaS, IaaS, and related areas are highly desirable
- Knowledge and experience with Linux OS
- Managing the cloud infrastructure as code, using either CloudFormation or Terraform.
- Should have working experience with monitoring tools like Sumologic, Datadog, Nagios, New Relic.Zabbix, OPNET, and/or SPLUNK, or any other monitoring tools/processes
- Experience working in Agile environments
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong Automation and Problem solving skills and ability to follow through to completion
- Experience coaching junior members in the team