Job Description: *** is seeking a talented individual to join our team as a Lead Engineer for cloud microservices implementation within Services IT organization supporting the enterprise customer scheduling capability. The Customer Scheduling Product team is responsible for building and supporting the application portfolio which enable scheduling of *** services (in home consultation, delivery, installation, repair, etc.) across all selling channels (online, in store, in-home, remote/virtual)
Our mission is to build and maintain the state of the art IT solution required to provide rich, intuitive experience to the customer regardless of how the customer chooses to interact with ***. As a member of Customer Scheduling engineering team, you will be embarking on a modernization journey that involves assessing and maintaining our current tech stack and determining modern tech solutions.
Join us on an exceptionally challenging, high-impact, and rewarding journey!
Senior Engineer will be a member of the application delivery team and will be responsible for designing and building technology solutions that meet our Product and Engineering requirements and deliver the associated benefit. This role will be required to apply knowledge and experience to understand business challenges and opportunities, while driving new and innovative approaches to resolving them using a combination of open and closed source technologies.
Looking for a candidate that has an entrepreneurial spirit, is forward-thinking, progressive, understands technology and its implementation and has a past track record of significant accomplishments.
Who You Are:
• You are positive and optimistic go getter who thrives on constant challenges
• You are a driver—you see what needs to be done and take action.
• You tend to ask for forgiveness, rather than permission.
• Constant learner who is enthusiastic and excited about technology.
• Motivate and inspire others to learn new things, new ways.
• Engage and collaborate with others on technical approach.
• Technical expert in designing & coding robust scalable, loosely coupled components and microservices using cloud native technology
Core Responsibilities of the role include:
• Apply architecture and design principals consistently and holistically to enable target end-to-end usage scenarios
• Adhere to processes around development methodologies including continuous integration, static code analysis, test coverage, etc.
• Perform peer code reviews to ensure quality
• Participate and/or lead epic/story grooming sessions to ensure sound technical design and story pointing
• Collaborate and create technical specification artifacts required for the epic and/or story
• Work closely with the Engineering Manager and Architect/Lead for design of the application and its nonfunctional requirements for scalability, performance, stability, and supportability.
• Work closely with Product Owner to implement functional requirements to meet business outcome
• Keep up to date on industry technology trends and modern software delivery techniques.
• Developing and maintaining long term business domain knowledge
• Subject matter expert on system behavior of domain features
• 7+ years of experience designing and building complex and highly transactional applications
• 7+ years of experience with hands on development using Java frameworks
• 5+ years of experience with Microservices and RESFUL API development
• 5+ years of experience with Application Management and/or Agile product delivery
• 3+ years of experience cloud native development
• Experience developing solutions using test and CICD automation tools
• Experience with relational and no-SQL databases
• Experience with event-based architecture
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in IT, Computer Science, business or related field
• Experience with an IT function for a global consumer-oriented organization in retail, digital business or related industry
• Experience with Polyglot programming; Groovy, Python, Ruby
• Experience with modernization of legacy stack
• Experience with Azure and/or AWS
• Experience with Docker containers and orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes or OpenShift
• Experience with Kafka, IBM MQ, Rabbit MQ implementation