Hope you are doing well.
This is Ratan Saxena from Vista Applied Solutions Group Inc.,
Designation: Sr. Big Data Developer
Location: Charlotte, NC
- Big Data Engineer with around 7+ years of experience in building data intensive applications, creating end to end data pipelines and building analytical data lakes.
- Expertise on major components in Hadoop Ecosystem like Spark, MapReduce, HDFS, YARN, Hive, HBase, Kafka, Sqoop, Oozie and Impala.
- Experience with major Hadoop on prem Distributions Cloudera, Horton works and cloud distribution AWS EMR.
- Experience with distributed systems, large-scale non-relational data stores, data modeling, database performance tuning, and multi-terabyte data warehouses.
- Experience in handling data in various file formats such as Avro, ORC, Parquet and JSON.
- Strong hands-on experience using programming languages Java, Scala and Python.
- Experience working AWS Cloud services for building data lakes. Utilized services like S3, EMR, Redshift, Athena, Glue Metastore etc.,
- Strong experience writing end to end Spark applications for performing various data cleansing, data transformation, data aggregation, and data delivery activities.
- Experienced in developing production ready spark application using Spark RDD Api’s, Data frames, Spark-SQL and Spark-Streaming API’s.
- Strong knowledge on Spark internal architecture and ability to fine tune, troubleshoot long running spark applications.
- Strong experience in using Spark Streaming, Spark Sql and other components of spark like accumulators, Broadcast variables, different levels of caching and optimization techniques for spark jobs
- Worked on building various data ingestion pipelines to pull data from various sources like S3 buckets, FTP servers and Rest Applications.
- Responsible for developing multiple Kafka Producers and Consumers from scratch as per the software requirement specifications.
- Experience in creating Impala views on hive tables for fast access to data
- Hands on experience in various Hadoop distributions like Cloudera, Hortonworks and AWS EMR.
- Experienced in using waterfall, Agile and Scrum models of software development process framework.
- Experience in complete project life cycle (design, development, testing and implementation) of Client Server and Web applications.
- Experience in developing complex ETL transformation & performance tuning.
- Knowledge with the implementations in building data lakes, data warehouses and data marts with the OLTP vs OLAP, star vs snowflake schema, normalization vs denormalization methods.
- Experience in using configuration management tool like Sub Version (SVN) and Git for version controlling.
- Knowledge on reporting tools like Power BI and Tableau.
- Ability to blend technical expertise with strong Conceptual, Business and Analytical skills to provide quality solutions and result-oriented problem-solving technique and leadership skills.
- UAT and Data Analyst experience with direct engagement and interaction with the business users and providing support throughout the phase.
Spark, HDFS, MapReduce, Hive, Sqoop, Flume, Impala, Oozie, HBase
Java, Scala, Python, SQL
Agile, Waterfall model
MySQL, DB2, Oracle, Teradata
Build and Other Tools
Maven, SBT, Git, Jenkins
Ratan | Vista Applied Solutions Inc.
Direct: 703-953-1864• Fax: 703-738-7337
459 Herndon Parkway , Suite 16 • Herndon, VA • 20170