Cobol Programmer PA
I hope you’re doing well! This is Pavnit from cyberThink Inc. and I am writing to you in regards to a job opportunity with one of our direct client. I found your resume during a search for qualified candidates & would like to know if you would be interested in pursuing this opportunity.
Title: Cobol Programmer
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Duration: Long term
Cobol programming experience with SQL Server. Must have Microfocus Cobol experience and Agile.
Microfocus Cobol position working remote but candidate must live on East Coast.
Job Description :
Primary Duties Include:
• Support and update existing internal applications and services
• Collaborate with Project Managers, Business and Technical Analysts, Developers, QA and other IT team members to understand business and technical requirements that drive the analysis, design and creation go quality technical solutions
• Translate business requirements into technical solutions
• Design, develop, test and debug enterprise software solutions
• Communicate development status and escalate issues to management
• Develop documentation and participate in code reviews
• Create documentation for training (i.e. user manuals, technical manuals)
• Bachelor or master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology/Systems, related fields or equivalent experience
• Insurance industry experience a plus, but not required
• 3+ years of experience in software design and development of enterprise applications with strong fundamental knowledge of the SDLC
• 5+ years of experience with COBOL and SQL Server
• Excellent communication (oral and written) and organizational skills, especially in regards to code analysis
• Ideal candidates must be self-motivated and have an aptitude for problem solving
• Excellent problem-solving skills, attention to detail and ability to learn new technologies quickly
• Must be able to work equally well in a team as well as individually
Please attach a copy of your updated resume, in word format, elaborating your projects in tune with the client’s requirement. Please contact me ASAP before the requirement gets filled.
Looking forward to your reply.
cyberThink is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), and does not discriminate based on age, gender, religion, disability, marital status, race and also adheres to laws relating to non-discrimination on the basis of national origin and citizenship status (www.usdoj.gov/crt/osc/).
The information contained in this e-mail message and any attachments thereto (‘e-mail’) is intended for the use of only the individual or entity named above. The information may be confidential and protected by, work product immunity or other legal rules. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are notified that retention, dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify us by telephone or by e-mail reply, and immediately and permanently delete this e-mail message and any attachments thereto. Thank you.
Print this mail only if absolutely necessary. Save Paper. Save Trees.