Business Analyst (Cognos Reporting) – Malden, MA (Local Only)
We are seeking for the Business Analyst (Cognos Reporting) for our direct client located in Malden, MA.
Local Candidates from MA and must have recent client experience from MA
Direct Client: EOE (State of MA)
Title: Business Analyst (Cognos Reporting)
Location: Malden, MA
Duration: 6 Months with a possible extension
Client Job Description
The Executive Office of Education has several new data warehouse initiatives underway and has a need for a Senior Business Analyst to assist in the implementations. The candidate will work with the current Cognos reports, document requirements for its migration to Power BI and in some cases, re-envision the visualizations to facilitate analysis of a school’s performance at multiple levels. This analyst will work with the Education Data Warehouse (EDW) team including the Data Analyst and the Developers to ensure accuracy and efficiency in the performance of the converted reports. The individual should be analytically oriented and be able to work as part of a small team.
We are seeking a talented Senior Business Analyst to lead the effort to document requirements, understand data and workflows, and assist agency staff in designing effective dashboards and reports to visualize the data. The successful candidate will work closely with Project Managers and Technical Leads, as well as agency leads, project leads to drive project planning and execution of complex enterprise software development projects within set project targets and deadlines.
Hours not to exceed 1800 hours. A regular 37.5 hours work 10 days required holiday. Initially the role will be remote until EOE-IT can return to the Malden office location.
· Should able to Partner with the user community to create new business intelligence, reporting and data analysis solutions.
· Should able to Maintain the technical documentation related to business intelligence, reporting and data analysis.
· Should able to identify improvements to existing business intelligence, reporting and data analysis.
· Should able to capture, develop, and document data definitions, business rules, and data quality requirements.
· Should able to maintain all documentation related to database objects, source systems, and operations.
· Should able to conduct complex, important work under minimal supervision and with wide latitude for independent judgment.
· Should able to work independently as required
· Strong business process understanding across different functional areas
· Should have experience with BI systems design and implementation projects
· Should have a strong understanding of and experience with requirements gathering and documentation
· Should have excellent analytical, problem-solving, communication and decision-making skills
· 6+ years of experience working in software engineering
· Experience with Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle
· Experience with Demo
· Experience with PowerBI
· Previous experience with IBM Cognos tools
· Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Service (SSRS)
· Ability to work on multiple project/tasks concurrently
· Ability to manage time effectively
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
· Strong understanding of best practices for data modelling
· Previous leadership experience preferred
· Should have experience in software development is a continuous integration and continuous deployment environment.
· Knowledge of ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) is a plus.
· Monitor software systems to ensure reliability and accuracy of information loaded into the databases.
Akhilesh Rajput (Team Lead- Sales and Recruitment)
Apex Technology Group Inc.
Board: 732-964-1300 ext. 124
“Winner of 2007 NJBIA Awards for Excellence in the Job Creation Category”
50 Fastest Growing Companies in NJ”.
“Award Winner of INC 5000 “Fastest Growing Companies in US” for year
2009,2010 & 2011.”
” Winner of NJBIZ “Best Place to Work in New Jersey award” for year
2010 , 2011 , 2012 & 2015.”