Android Developer position at Durham, NC / Merrimack, New Hampshire
Job Title: Android Developer
Location: Durham, NC / Merrimack, New Hampshire
FTE Position (1 year will be remote after that onsite)
Visa: USC, GC
Client: Technosoft/ Fidelity Investments
Job Code: JPC – 10265
Client Job ID: 162597
· 4+ years of professional experience developing publicly available Android apps using Kotlin and/or Java supported by RESTful web services
· Verifiable experience as a technical leader using Kotlin, Java, Android SDK, Gradle, and Android Studio in a large, enterprise environment, preferably as part of a team of Android engineers
· Fluency in Kotlin/Java, from a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry working experience
· Participated in the release of at least 1 publicly available app to Google Play participating from inception to launch using automated tooling like Jenkins, Gradle, and Google Developer APIs.
The Skills You Bring
· Your passion crafting amazing experiences on Android using Google’s Material Design guidelines using your strong understanding of functional programming and reactive patterns
· Your desire to delight our clients with the latest mobile technologies using your deep knowledge of Android design patterns including MVP, MVC, MVVM, and Clean Architecture
· Your knowledge of the mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies used in creating performant, resilient, and robust Android apps
· Excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms to ensure adherence to software engineering best practices
· Excellent understanding of Test-Driven Development and Test Pyramid in support of highly resilient and stable apps with a high degree of code coverage
· Strong understanding of CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Artifactory, SonarQube, and Docker to continuously and autonomously deliver high-quality apps to guarantee stable and performant experiences.
· Strong understanding of modern development principles such as trunk-based development, feature toggles, and branch by abstraction to support performant and collaborative engineering teams.
· Good understanding of Android Architecture Components like Live Data, Room and View Model as well as open-source libraries like Retrofit, Picasso, and OkHttp to build modern, architecturally compliant, and future-ready apps
· Collaborating with architecture, security, and UXD to build architecturally compliant apps
· Partnering with platform squads to define mobile engineering standards, best practices, and tooling
· Providing mobile thought leadership to advance PI’s mobile outcomes and facilitate a mobile-first mindset
· Serving as Mobile advocates for the adoption of experiences that solve the needs of our digitally-minded customers?
· Staying ahead of the curve by aligning architecture, user experience, and security with chapters and COEs?
· Supporting a mobile-first world through upskilling and augmenting squads with deep mobile expertise
Thanks & Regards,
Ajayraj| IT Recruiter
Phone No: 469-694-0118