Technical Service (Field) Engineers (TSE) provide troubleshooting, repair services and scheduled preventive maintenance for the client’s pharmacy and supply automation solutions at customer sites within a designated geographic area. TSEs are dispatched as needed by client’s 24×7 Call Center. Although TSE focus mainly on hardware repairs, the solutions are a combination of hardware and software and TSEs work with both.
• On site troubleshooting and repair of customer problems on client products
• Meet company guidelines for response time and service levels
• Differentiate between hardware and software product problems
• Collect and report all customer and problem data in client database
• Escalate product bugs, malfunctions, and design issues through support channels for resolution
• Provide support coverage 24 hour/7day a week
• Frequent local travel in primary area
• Provide backup support in adjacent areas as needed
• Participation in various staff meetings
• Manage territory service quality and customer satisfaction; parts inventory and RMA process; and software updates
• Participate in various field projects as necessary
• Troubleshoot customer issues over phone and provide remote support
• Provide homework space and space for trunk stock inventory
Knowledge and Skills:
• Computer skills in the following areas: Database, Word Processing, Spreadsheets, & Graphics.
• Computer systems skills: Windows 7, XP, 2003 SQL, Firefox & Networking
• Basic electronics knowledge
• Possess and excellence in speaking and writing English
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills with the ability to work well with customers
• Must have good organization skills
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs. to approximate 5 ft. height
• Ability to, multitasks, evaluates multiple customer issues, and set priorities and manages processes.
Note: The selected individual must have a valid driver license with an acceptable driving record, be able to meet company’s insurance coverage requirements and have their own vehicle in acceptable working condition.
• Associate degree/Technical Certification with demonstrated work experience troubleshooting and repairing electro-mechanical systems. (In lieu of Associates degree, a high school diploma/GED with at least 5 years of demonstrated work experience troubleshooting and repairing electro-mechanical systems is required)
• Bachelor’s degree in Electronics, Computer Science, or Engineering
• Coursework in Network Engineering, Robotics or Electronics
• Experience working in a hospital environment a plus