:Need:Big Data Engineer Location: Austin, Texas or telecommute based elsewhere || no h1b
You don't want to miss this.
Position: Big Data Engineer
Location: Austin, Texas or telecommute based elsewhere
Duration: 10 months Contract
9 month C2H roles
Ideal candidate background - The candidate should be proficient in Big Data technologies such as Spark, HBase, Hive, HDFS with good knowledge of programming in Java/Scala and hands on in SQL. Knowledge of Spring Framework, Kafka, Python is preferable. Healthcare industry background is good to have.
Top responsibilities for this position –
1. Understand requirements from customer and other teams
2. Participate in solution design and development of Big Data based analytical solutions
3. Work on technology pilots
4. Provider regular leadership updates
Required Skills/attributes –
1. Good communication skills
2. Good hands-on experience in SQL and Java/Scala
3. Experience with relational databases such as SQL Server/Oracle/Teradata/IBM DB2/MySQL
4. Experience with Big Data technologies such as HDFS, HBase, Hive, Spark, Sqoop etc.
5. Hands on experience UNIX Shell Scripting
6. Experience with Document DBs, NoSQL, Distributed queues etc.
7. Experience with Github or another version management would be preferable
8. Experience with Agile framework, Data Warehousing Design, Cloud Technologies would be preferable
9. Knowledge of Python would be preferable
10. Healthcare data background would be preferable