Hot Requierment :: Senior Infra DevOps Engineer :: Oakland, CA :: Only USC/GC
Hope you are doing well.
We have the below opening with one of our clients. Please review and let me know if you have any candidates available.
Role: Senior Infra DevOps Engineer
Location: Oakland, CA
Note: We are looking for Infra DevOps with Linux and Kubernetes administration skillset
The Sr. Infra DevOps Engineer’s primary function will be to advance the infrastructure team from a traditional infrastructure methodology to an infrastructure as code approach. You will be responsible for maintaining and expanding the orchestration platform for containers using Kubernetes, helping and supporting applications teams integrate CI/CD with Kubernetes, providing an automated build and configuration process for BareMetal that is hardware agnostic and helping lead the infrastructure and applications teams through the DevOps journey. The role also requires on-call rotation when necessary.
· Build out additional automation which includes the Windows/Linux OS platforms, Storage platforms and DB platforms.
· Roadmap, architect, and collaborate with development teams to transition to an automated CI/CD pipeline
· Assist with the design and building of reliable, fault-tolerant private cloud infrastructure following industry best practices.
· Leverage cloud technologies and best practices on-premise
· Thought leader across multiple teams and technologies to drive change into teams to move towards infrastructure as code approach.
· Using automation to reduce the operational workload to support teams.
· Fully Automated configuration management using Ansible or similar tools
· Incorporate security best practices within the CI/CD pipeline using process or tools
· Operational support of core infrastructure services which includes the ability to transition to traditional infrastructure, server, storage, network.
· Minimum three (3) years experience working in a lead role in a large containerized environment using Kubernetes as the main platform for container orchestration.
· Minimum four (4) years experience working on Linux as a systems administrator, specifically Redhat.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Social Science, Education, Business, Health Care or related field and Minimum three (5) years working in IT or operations. Additional equivalent work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
· Three (3) years experience writing documentation or standard operating procedures related to system administration.
· Two (2) years experience with open source technologies such as Grafana, Prometheus, Mongo, Postgres, etc.
· Two (2) years experience with Ansible, automating infrastructure components, ie: server, VM, and network
· Two (2) years experience using NGINX and Calico
· Two (2) years experience building and maintaining docker images
One (1) year working in ServiceNow for managing incidents and service requests