Direct client position on: VMWare Virtualization Engineer @ Metro Atlanta,GA,no EAD
My name is Suneetha and I am looking for Business Analyst- Data Projects @ Atlanta,GA
I’ve included the job details below and wondering if there would be an interest from your end in this opening.
If you are available and interested and a good fit for the position, then please email me an updated copy of your resume
*LOCAL METRO ATLANTA CANDIDATES*
Required to be onsite from Day 1
Job Summary: Under general supervision, the VMWare Virtualization Engineer is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware, software and related infrastructure resulting in the successful integration of VMware products across multiple data centers.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
Monitors virtualized systems on a regular basis to detect abnormal conditions.
Works with appropriate GDOL personnel and/or vendor personnel to resolve problems.
Escalates the problems to appropriate levels of IT management and/or vendor management if the Incident/Problem is not resolved in a timely manner.
Determines business needs by evaluating existing network infrastructure and systems.
Ensures that all assigned systems remain at vendor supported levels.
Ensures that license keys for all assigned systems do not expire. Escalates to management if license keys are within 90 days of expiring.
Escalates any known issues with assigned systems to IT management.
Develops and documents an implementation plan for the installation/maintenance/upgrade of assigned systems.
Develops and documents a test plan and thoroughly tests system changes before and after implementation.
Coordinates installation and maintenance of related software with other technical support personnel to assure maximum systems performance and minimum downtime.
Ensures that all assigned systems are in full compliance of GDOL Security Policies.
Installs security patches to assigned systems in a timely manner.
Document all processes and procedures for any tasks performed on assigned systems.
Documentation should be updated as processes and/or procedures change, inclusive of software versioning/upgrades.
Ensures that appropriate backups are created and retained for assigned systems.
Ensures that appropriate backups are sent to Disaster Recovery site for assigned systems.
Participates in the Annual Disaster Recovery Test.
1. Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, computer programming, or similar.
2. Minimum of seven years' experience as a VMware engineer.
3. Extensive knowledge of the fundamentals of VMware ESX and related technologies.
4. Availability to resolve urgent VMware environment problems outside of business hours.
5. Dell EMC San Technologies, specifically Compellent SAN.
6. Experience with Brocade Fibre Channel switches.
7. Experience with Dell Blade Chassis such as E1000 or MX7000.
8. Five years of experience with configuring & supporting various COTS enterprise software products.
1. Three years of experience with CommVault backup solutions.
2. Three years of experience with file transfer protocols, such as FTP, SFTP, FTPS, SCP.
3. Three years of experience with Microsoft SharePoint.
4. Three years of experience with Linux Technology
5. Three years of experience with Manage Engine Suite.
6. Three years of experience with Microsoft SQL
7. Three years of experience with System Center Operations Manager (SCOM).
8. Three years of experience with scripting languages, such as PowerShell or batch cmd.
Availability to interview:
Availability to join:
Current location (Complete address with zip code)
Last company name
Educational details(with year& university name):