Vertex It Service is looking for a talented DevOps Engineer- Television Platforms. This role will focus on the engineering, operations, deployment, troubleshooting, organization, and technical communication of a new infrastructure rollout. The ideal candidate should have solid Understanding of media, entertainment, interactive television, social media, or multiplayer gaming industries.
This position will deliver numerous high-profile milestones as required by the business under supervision and support including: maintaining and managing infrastructure/services, rolling out new encode solutions, delivering live streams at the highest reliability and confidence, as well as working to approve efficiency for existing workflows.
• BS/MS in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field or equivalent work experience
• 3-5 years of experience working as a DevOps Engineer- Television Platforms
• 3 + Years’ Experience with configuration management tools and automation platforms (e.g. Ansible)
• Experience with video technologies a major plus.
• Experience with a variety of software and hardware operating environments
• 1 + Years’ Experience in modern infrastructure deployment and maintenance
• Familiarity with streaming protocols and codecs.
• Experience with DevSecOps principles.
• Experience in administrating Linux environments.
• Hands-on experience with monitoring/logging tools such as Splunk, Grafana, Kapacitor and InfluxDB.
• Proficient in writing and modifying scripts using Python language
• Experience with AWS implementing highly scalable & available applications using AWS services. – EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, AutoScaling, Cloudwatch, IAM, etc.
• Experience with implementing and managing CICD solutions (GitLab, Harness, Jenkins)
• Experience with Containerization (kubernates, container)
• Experience with networking and cloud based network environments
• Experience in troubleshooting complex technical issues.
• Ability to create user interface designs based on client workflows.
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced agile environment.
• Able to work with quickly changing requirements and adapt moving targets constantly
• Should have Great design and problem-solving skills.
• Able to take ownership of problems and see them through to resolution