Automation Test Engineer with Python
VERETX IT Service is seeking experienced candidates to apply for the Position of Automation Test Engineer (Python & Java) with extensive experience using Python and Robot Framework. Responsible for documenting and executing formal test plans to ensure the delivery of quality products. Involve in test planning, writing automated test cases/scripts and test execution. Responsible for analyzing manual and automated test scenario results. Involve in projects of moderate to high complexity within one or more development environments. Participate in multiple programs/systems as a project team member. Considered a subject matter expert for a single program/system.
Location: Denver, CO, USA. (Open for full remote)
USC, GC preferred.
Contract Duration: 6 Months
Max Rate: 55$/Hr to $ 60/hr max on c2c P.V: Unison Contract Preferred: W2 / C2C
• Responsible for developing and executing formal test plans to ensure the delivery of quality software applications.
• Involved in test planning, writing test cases/scripts, test case automation and test execution.
• Defines and tracks quality assurance metrics such as defects, defect counts, test results and test status.
• Collects and analyzes data for software process evaluation and improvements, and integrates them into business processes to address the needs of the business. Documents all problems and assists in their resolution.
• Delivers quality process training to technical staff and acts as an internal quality consultant to advise or influence business or technical partners.
• Performs quality audits across the various IT functions to ensure quality standards, procedures and methodologies are being followed.
• Write clean, well-documented, high-quality code that meets accepted standards, ensures optimal performance, and achieves business requirements
• Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
• Defines and tracks quality assurance metrics such as defects, defect counts, test results and test status
• Actively and independently acquires and analyzes data for software process evaluation and improvements and integrates them into business processes to address the business needs
• Performs both back end system and front-end UI triage and troubleshooting when identifying defects
• Determine manual test cases thatY are candidates for automation
• Delivers quality process training to technical staff and acts as an internal quality consultant to advise or influence business or technical partners
• Scripts test scenarios to automate UI specific test scales and execute at scale
• Performs quality audits across the various IT functions to ensure quality standards, procedures and methodologies are being followed
• Ensure alignment between business operational strategies and quality assurance of our products
• Diagnose complex issues, evaluate, recommend and execute the best resolution
• Develop, modify, enhance and implement test plans designed to support new or existing business initiatives
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
• Minimum Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or similar or equivalent work experience.
• Experience of 3+ years in systems development, testing and/or business experience. Experience working with REST/Restful APIs
• 3+ years of experience with Object Oriented programming languages Python
• Proficient in writing functional automation code with web, API and hardware components under test.
• Demonstrated ability to use and test API layers such as REST/Restful, web or application testing
• Experience working with Selenium, robot framework, python
• Familiarity with how underlying telecommunication components interact – familiarity with routers and IoT devices (Rpi).
• Knowledge of object-oriented and scripting development tools, techniques, and principles with expertise in Python, front end web frameworks (required), Go (optional).
• Good understanding of the agile software development methodology (Scrum or Kanban) and familiarity with project management tools like JIRA and testcase management tools like TestRails.
• Test automation using CI/CD tools such as GitLab, Jenkins, Harness
• Solid software development fundamentals such as source control, data structures, algorithms, design patterns, integration patterns, and testing strategies
• Comfortable in using Linux and macOS on the command line
• Experience with developer tools like Git, VScode etc
• Excellent communicator (written and verbal): ability to read, write, speak and understand English
• Ability to focus on deadlines and deliverables
• Self-starter, self-motivated, driven individual
• Ability to work well with shifting priorities
• Ability to work with cross-functional team of internal and external resources
• Keen attention to detail
• Display professional, positive, and approachable attitude/demeanor and discretion
• Critical thinker, ability to negotiate with key stakeholders and maintain positive attitude
• Excellent organizational skills
• Understanding of database schemas and querying tools
• Excellent understanding of software development life cycle (SDLC)
• Creative solving of technical problems to ensure the ability to translate technical requirements into test plans
• Ability to track multiple test efforts simultaneously and to be able to synthesize the results in fast paced environment
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent understanding of test automation framework and tools
• Python Experience
• Need Robot Framework experience
• Need to work with source control with GIT
Nice to have:
• Ability to contribe to reusable infrastructure code in Go/Python/Bash/Docker/Jenkins
• Familiarity with AWS tools such as S3, lambda, EC2
• Demonstrated experience composing SQL queries